[Bobwhite Blather] Improving your own leadership skills

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Nov 12 05:20:47 PST 2012

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Improving your own leadership skills'

Scouting aims to teach leadership to our young people through the methods we
use, but it's equally important that our adult volunteers take the opportunity
to improve their own leadership skills.

Adult leader training courses provide the nuts & bolts of how to do the job, but
few actually teach leadership in a more abstract sense. Wood Badge, notably, is
one in which leadership and life skills are emphasized.

Fortunately, leadership can be taught, but it's important to know just what
leadership is.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/1873?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com