[Bobwhite Blather] Final thoughts on improving leadership skills

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Nov 26 05:16:25 PST 2012

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Final thoughts on improving leadership
skills'

Here are a few final thoughts to conclude our series on leadership for the
committee chairman.

Don't help

Yes, that's right. Don't help!

Just as we don't "help" the boys at troop meetings and campouts, we develop
leadership in adults the same way - by staying out of their way. You selected
and approved your committee members for a reason - because they are talented and
able to help with committee functions. Let them work things out their way! Who
knows? Their way may well produce better results than if they followed your
direction.

Develop a resistance to jumping in and fixing things that don't need fixing, or
that are best fixed by others.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/1875?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com