[Bobwhite Blather] Scouting's dividends

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Oct 8 05:01:26 PDT 2012

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Scouting's dividends'

In the same way as money in a good investment pays dividends down the road, the
Scouting program and our work as volunteers in laying the foundation for the
future of our youth produce dividends as well.

As I was driving my son back to college after a recent visit home, we got to
talking about Scouting, and he mentioned how he thought his time in Scouting has
helped him in the post-secondary environment.

I had a few thoughts in mind: how you learn to take care of yourself on
campouts, cook your own food, pack a backpack, stay hydrated, get along with a
bunkmate - that sort of thing. Having been in Scouting improves one's chances of
admission into selective universities, and often there are scholarships for
Eagle Scouts.

He had other things in mind, though.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/1797?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com