[Bobwhite Blather] Promoting your own ideas for change

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Oct 29 05:01:38 PDT 2012

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Promoting your own ideas for change'

Scouting has seen a lot of change in the first hundred years, even though the
mission and aims have remained the same. Within our units, changes in the
program often affect us too. But while the methods and values of Scouting remain
constant, we often find ourselves in need of changing things within our units to
more closely align ourselves with those values.

We also find that we may need a better way to do some things in order to
facilitate a better experience for the boys. For example, we might need a
different approach to equipment, fund-raising, or procedures.

Change can be led by anyone with a valuable idea and the support from others,
but for various reasons, the committee chair is usually in the best position to
advocate change.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/1844?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com