[Bobwhite Blather] Helicopter Scouters

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Feb 4 05:07:27 PST 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Helicopter Scouters'

We've all heard the term "helicopter parents." It seems to be the parenting
affliction for the 21st century. These are parents who want their children to
succeed so much that they involve themselves in their children's lives to the
point where they don't let their kids learn and do for themselves. Or that they
fear that their child will make a mistake, no matter how small, that they don't
even give their children the opportunity to learn from failure, even when it's
safe to do so. I wrote about the subject a few months ago. Humorously, a Capri
Sun commercial from earlier in 2012 illustrates the point quite well.

As adults and Scouters in the Boy Scout program, we often want the boys in our
troop to have a good experience in Scouting.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/1982?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com