[Bobwhite Blather] How Scouting helps identity development

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Jun 3 05:05:40 PDT 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'How Scouting helps identity
development'

Last week I attended an orientation session at the university my son is
attending in the fall. There were separate sessions for the new students and for
the soon-to-be parents of a college kid. Besides the expected talks on dorm
life, financial aid and how to pay the bill, several university staffers
presented segments on various aspects of adjusting to college life.

One of the most interesting talks was on the topic of student well-being. Going
beyond adjusting to a roommate and using the health center and recreation
facilities, the speaker enlightened us on the steps of identity development that
our students would most likely go through during their years in college.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2245?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com