[Bobwhite Blather] What you can't get online

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Jun 10 05:01:07 PDT 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'What you can't get online'

>From the beginning of our movement, it's been clear that training is the key to
success. Baden-Powell had a way with training, in that he believed that it was
important to educate the soldiers he led in battle so they would learn to be
aware of their surroundings. The philosophy carried over to Boy Scouting as he
discovered that boys were using his military training manual to concoct their
own games. He was known for saying that the most important object in Boy Scout
training is to educate, not instruct, and eventually conducted the first Wood
Badge course for training Scoutmasters in a practical manner.

Today we continue the training tradition.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2124?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com