[Bobwhite Blather] The role of "other" adults, part 1

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon May 19 05:02:43 PDT 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'The role of "other" adults, part 1'

Nearly all of us grew up with our sons in Scouting, starting first with Cub
Scouts. We remember the pleas for help from the Cub parents. You were always in
need of a parent to head up the next outing or field trip or make a run to the
Scout shop or work at the popcorn sale table at the supermarket this weekend.
Cub Scouts doesn't run without heavy parent involvement, so we get somewhat
accustomed to feeling the need for lots of parental help and missing it when it
isn't there.

So naturally, when our sons cross over to a troop, those of us who are committed
to the program step forward and volunteer for an adult role.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2768?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com