[Bobwhite Blather] Selecting volunteers

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Tue Sep 2 05:01:48 PDT 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Selecting volunteers'

As we get back into high gear with our pack and troop programs, we may find that
we've had some "churn" in our adult commitments. Perhaps a family moved away
over the summer or decided on a shift in priorities. When that happens, an adult
who made a commitment to volunteer in our unit is no longer available. This
churn is most common in Cub Scouting, as den leaders move up and new dens
(particularly Tiger dens) form, membership in the various den levels gets
redistributed, or an adult in a key role has experienced a change in outside
commitments, such as work or other involvement, and can't continue in that
role.

You might thin the term selecting volunteers is a bit strange -

You may view the latest post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/selecting-volunteers/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com