[Bobwhite Blather] The adult involvement paradox

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Thu Dec 10 13:18:46 PST 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'The adult involvement paradox'

While helping a couple Cub Scout packs in my district with their rechartering
this fall, we were trying to figure out how to juggle the few adult volunteers
so that all the positions are filled. The Cubmaster doubles as the den leader
for his son's den (definitely not a recommended practice). They still needed an
official den leader to satisfy the requirement to have at least one, so one of
the den's parents was "drafted" to be a DINO - Denleader In Name Only. The
chartered organization representative doubled up as a committee member so there
would be the minimum of three.

The other side of the coin seems to be Boy Scout troops that have an excessive
number of adults on their charter.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/the-adult-involvement-paradox/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4032&utm_title=The+adult+involvement+paradox

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com