[Bobwhite Blather] Succession planning for Scout units

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Feb 9 05:01:04 PST 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Succession planning for Scout units'

On Scout Sunday, I visited the Blue & Gold Banquet of a Cub Scout pack that I am
the commissioner for. The pack is well-run, with exciting and interesting
activities planned in advance throughout the year. Most of the Scouts received
advancement recognition or awards of some kind, and all dens took part in the
entertainment segment of the program. Each den has a den leader and parent help.
The most important observation I made was that the boys are having a great
time.

None of this came about by accident, of course. Den leaders have stayed with
their dens throughout. The Cubmaster has only been on board with the pack a
couple years, but having been an active leader in other packs and troops before
moving to our community, he naturally fit right in.

During the course of the evening, the Cubmaster made an announcement that there
would be a parent meeting this coming week.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/succession-planning-for-scout-units/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com