[Bobwhite Blather] Making meetings less painful

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Nov 2 05:02:32 PST 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Making meetings less painful'

Scouters seem to be addicted to meetings. In your unit, you either conduct
meetings with the youth (den and pack meetings, for instance), or hover way in
the background during troop and patrol meetings. We have meetings of our own,
too - committee and leader meetings, district committee and commissioner
meetings, Roundtable, and all sorts of subcommittee and planning meetings.

It seems as though our "one hour a week" doesn't begin to include the meetings
we attend, plan or participate in.

To be sure, meetings are necessary. They facilitate face-to-face communication
and instant feedback from stakeholders and participants. E-mail can convey
information and can be a tool for collaboration, but nothing takes the place of
an in-person meeting for doing business.

And meetings are sometimes rightfully dreaded by most people who are expected to
attend them.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/making-meetings-less-painful/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=3938&utm_title=Making+meetings+less+painful

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com