[Bobwhite Blather] Is there a "recruiting season"?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Tue Jul 5 05:03:03 PDT 2016

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Is there a "recruiting season"?'

In a couple all-too-short months, it'll be fall, and Cub Scout packs will be
holding Boy Talks and Join Scouting nights, re-registering boys for another year
of fun and accepting new ones into the fold. Fun lies ahead, and we don't want
them to miss out on any of it.

Boy Scout troops usually accept new members in the winter or spring when Cub
Scouts cross over. Months of preparation go into planning joint activities,
going to den meetings and having the Arrow of Light Scouts visit our troops. The
two meet at crossover, where the new Boy Scouts take the leap into their next
adventure.

Looking at the way we do things, it's as if we open our doors twice a year: once
in the fall for the Cub Scouts, and once in the winter for Boy Scouts.

But step back - it really isn't that way.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/recruiting-season/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4359&utm_title=Is+there+a+%26amp%3B%238220%3Brecruiting+season%26amp%3B%238221%3B%3F

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com