[Bobwhite Blather] Our Eagle Scout President

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Jul 11 05:10:29 PDT 2016

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Our Eagle Scout President'

As a Scouter, you're most likely more familiar with American history and civics
than most people. You also probably know which U.S. president:

 	was never elected to national office?
 	was the only one from the state of Michigan?
 	was the only one to attend the University of Michigan?
 	was the only president to grant a pardon to another president?
 	was the only Eagle Scout to serve as president?

I'm referring, of course, to the thirty-eighth President of the United States,
Gerald R. Ford, whose 103rd birthday we observe this week.

President Ford took office during a turbulent time in our nation's history -
upon the resignation of President Richard Nixon. Mr. Nixon was embroiled in the
scandal surrounding the cover-up following the break-in by Republican operatives
at the Democratic campaign headquarters in Washington's Watergate complex. Mr.
Ford, a long-serving congressman from Grand Rapids, Michigan, was serving as Mr.
Nixon's appointed vice-president after Spiro T. Agnew resigned the
vice-presidency due to unrelated charges of federal income tax evasion less than
a year earlier. Anyone who was alive and paying attention to the news then
remembers vividly the chains of events leading up to Mr. Ford's becoming the
unlikely President of the United States.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/our-eagle-scout-president/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4332&utm_title=Our+Eagle+Scout+President

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com