[Bobwhite Blather] New post: Barriers to entry

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Tue Sep 6 16:52:26 PDT 2016

There's a new article at Bobwhite Blather: Barriers to Entry.

Have you ever joined something – a club, team or organization – and had to
cross a hurdle in order to be a member?

Clubs have membership requirements. Most sports teams have tryouts. You have to
meet the job requirements as a step in getting hired.

Scouting has its membership requirement. For Cub Scouts, it’s really simple
– be a boy in grades one through five. Boys need only be eleven years old but
not yet eighteen to be a Boy Scout. Simple, right?

We also have our joining requirements, but we let new members in the door before
they complete, or even start, fulfilling them.

Read more:
https://bobwhiteblather.com/barriers-to-entry/