[Bobwhite Blather] We sustain the wings

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Sep 19 05:01:03 PDT 2016

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'We sustain the wings'

It's not likely that many, if any, readers of this column were around during
World War II, but perhaps your parents or grandparents were. If so, then they
most likely remember a show on the NBC Radio Network called I Sustain the
Wings. The show's eponymous theme song was composed and performed by Captain
Glenn Miller, whose orchestra was one of the most popular bands of the era. The
program featured Miller's orchestra performing the hit songs of the day, which
helped to lift the spirits of those at home and our forces on the front
lines. The title, I Sustain the Wings, was the motto of the U. S. Army Air
Corps Technical Training Command, for it was up to the technicians to keep the
planes "in the sky above / where they fight to victory", as the lyrics go.

Read the rest of this post at
https://bobwhiteblather.com/we-sustain-the-wings/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4457&utm_title=We+sustain+the+wings

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com