[Bobwhite Blather] There is only one Scoutmaster

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Apr 3 05:00:49 PDT 2017

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'There is only one Scoutmaster'

I once had four bosses in the same job, all at the same time.

At one point in my career, I was a department head at a branch location of a
company that had a half-dozen locations around the country. Our branch had two
divisions, which my department supported, and each division had a manager. The
location had a general manager who ran the overall branch operation, and the
corporate headquarters had a chief of the department that I headed. I
effectively answered to all of them.

Talk about confusion!

There were times when I felt like I was being pulled in four directions. Manager
A wanted something done, but it went against what the corporate head's policies
permitted. Meanwhile, Manager B and the general manager were asking me to do
different things as well. There was no clear managerial chain of command, and
the way things ran in this organization made it difficult to rectify the
situation. I left after a couple years, primarily for greener pastures, but also
because the conflicting structure made it difficult for me to satisfy everyone.

If this befuddled me, think of how it would affect a Scout-age boy.

Read the rest of this post at
https://bobwhiteblather.com/there-is-only-one-scoutmaster/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4745&utm_title=There+is+only+one+Scoutmaster

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com