[Bobwhite Blather] Old copies of Boys' Life taking up space?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Jun 26 05:02:43 PDT 2017

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Old copies of Boys' Life taking up
space?'

You probably know someone - your parents, a college friend, maybe even yourself
- who subscribes to National Geographic. The magazine contains some of the
finest writing and photography available, and their iconic yellow covers have
become part of our culture. But many people who subscribe just can't bear to
throw them away. They pile up, fill our bookshelves and basements, and can take
over our lives.  Lexington Herald-Leader writer Tom Eblen wrote about his own
experience with the "yellow wall", as he put it, and  joked:
One of these days, I fully expect to see this newspaper headline: “Couple
killed in bedroom ceiling collapse; police blame National Geographics in
attic.”
They may not be as ubiquitous (or as heavy) as collections of old copies of
National Geographic, but many of us are hoarding stacks of the various magazines
published by the Boy Scouts of America.

Read the rest of this post at
https://bobwhiteblather.com/old-copies-of-boys-life-taking-up-space/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4845&utm_title=Old+copies+of+Boys%26amp%3B%238217%3B+Life+taking+up+space%3F

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com