[Bobwhite Blather] The true meaning of Scout

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Aug 5 05:01:10 PDT 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'The true meaning of Scout'

Our troop has experienced a rash of Eagle Scout activity in recent months, the
most recent of which was an Eagle Court of Honor on Sunday in which the 48th
Eagle Scout in our troop's 30-year history received his medal and his charge. We
have two more Eagles who have completed their boards of review and are awaiting
their courts of honor, another with a project completed and two more whose
projects have been approved. The uptick in activity is the result of a
successful recruiting drive six years ago that resulted in a dozen crossovers,
almost all of whom have stayed with the troop. Successive waves of recruiting in
the years that followed nearly tripled the size of our troop.

I had the privilege and honor of sitting on his board of review, and something
he said during the enjoyable conversation caused me to make a connection to the
true meaning of Scout.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2359?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com