[Bobwhite Blather] Whose authority is it, anyway?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon May 6 05:02:15 PDT 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Whose authority is it, anyway?'

As leaders in the Scouting program, we sometimes think that we have the ultimate
authority in how our troop runs. But do we?

Yes, we are responsible for ensuring that things are done safely, and that the
Scouting program is followed. The committee provides essential support in the
form of equipment, finance, and administration. A Scout troop, however, is meant
to be led by the boys, not by the adults, and this means not taking the
authority away from the boys when it comes to running their troop.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2202?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com