[Bobwhite Blather] What Cub Scout membership coordinators need to know

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Sep 2 05:01:04 PDT 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'What Cub Scout membership coordinators
need to know'

Cub Scout packs are making plans to get their programs going for the next year
of fun and excitement. Join Scouting nights are getting scheduled and all the
recruiting materials are being updated. But Scouting's raw material is
membership, for without the boys we don't have a movement!

A pivotal committee function at this time of year is the membership coordinator,
whose job is to register all of our new Scouts and re-register the returning
boys for another year of fun. Often, though, we find that this important job is
either being done by other committee members or by a new parent without a good
understanding of the process. The responsibility for unit membership really is a
separate task which calls for a dedicated individual to handle it.

When a new parent steps into the role, there's usually a lot to learn about the
membership process, and when it's a parent new to Scouting they have to learn a
little of everything!

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2034?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com