[Bobwhite Blather] Micromanaging: a bad idea

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Sep 16 05:01:11 PDT 2013

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Micromanaging: a bad idea'

We've all been there, I'm sure. We've worked for, or with, someone who quite
figuratively can't see the forest for the trees. Someone who fusses over every
small detail of a project, process or workplace and who directs even the most
minute function, whether it's something he or she knows about or not.

Micromanaging, as it's come to be known, is the bane of corporate existence.
Articles and entire books have been written about the phenomenon and what to do
about it. It has even spawned a wildly popular comic strip, Dilbert, in which a
typical engineer is tormented daily by his boss with inane orders, processes and
obstacles to getting any work done.

Unfortunately, Scouting isn't exempt from the micromanagers.

You may view the latest post at
http://www.fmaynard.com/scouting/archives/2148?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.

Best regards,
Frank Maynard
email: scouter at fmaynard.com