[Bobwhite Blather] Agreement without argument

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Aug 4 06:02:31 PDT 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Agreement without argument'

It seems like every time you turn on the news or look at the paper, you see a
story about how our national elected leaders seem to be incapable of getting any
work done. Far worse than what was labeled as the "do-nothing" Congress of the
Truman administration, our representatives seem to be constantly in a tug-of-war
with each other. Very little gets done as a result, and even issues that make
sense for the majority of the people fail because a wrench gets tossed into the
works and the gears of governing stall.

Reaching a consensus doesn't have to be that difficult. It takes the willingness
on the part of all parties to settle for less than everything they want, and
allow each other to hang on to their key principles.

At times it seems like the discourse at our unit committee meetings sounds a bit
like the debate on the floor of Congress, but it really doesn't have to.

You may view the latest post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/agreement-without-argument/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com