[Bobwhite Blather] Build it and they will come

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Aug 11 05:01:57 PDT 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Build it and they will come'

About four years ago, our community voted on itself a tax increase to build a
new library. Even though it was only twenty or so years old, the former library
building was way too small. There was hardly any space to hold the burgeoning
collection of materials and provide room for modern technology such as computers
and DVDs. Though it had lots of programs and regular users, there just wasn't
enough room. A committee of dedicated volunteers and professionals designed and
built a beautiful new building so big that six of our former libraries could fit
inside. There are quiet areas, conference rooms, a coffee shop and a large
conference room, plus room to grow. The amazing thing to note is that in this
day and age of being able to look up just about anything online, the parking lot
is packed every time I drive by, seven days a week, and it's difficult sometimes
to find an available study room when I meet Scouts there to go over merit
badges.

You may view the latest post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/build-it-and-they-will-come/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com