[Bobwhite Blather] Boys or Scouts?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Dec 15 05:00:23 PST 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Boys or Scouts?'

We sometimes use the terms interchangeably. We have a boy-led troop with boy-led
patrols. They read Boys' Life. "Never do anything a boy can do" is a key piece
of advice, and Baden-Powell made frequent references such as "The Scoutmaster
teaches boys to play by doing so himself" and "The boy is not governed by don't,
but is led by do."

It is the Boy Scouts of America, after all. Our constituency is overwhelmingly
young men - boys - and we frequently think of them as such. However, when it
comes to dealing with them in the context of Scouting, it helps to think of them
with higher expectations than merely "boy".

You may view the latest post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/boys-or-scouts/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com