[Bobwhite Blather] Why is training still optional?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Thu Apr 16 05:03:00 PDT 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Why is training still optional?'

As former district training chair, I strongly believe in the value of training
and the necessity of a good training program for our adult volunteers. I
acknowledge that training is never perfect, and that leaders who complete basic
training are not experts in their position. Training "wets the sponge" and sets
new leaders off in the right direction.

The BSA requires Youth Protection Training, of course, before any adult can be
registered in a volunteer position. But there is essentially no training
requirement beyond that.

Why is this?

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/why-is-training-still-optional/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com