[Bobwhite Blather] Scouting for grown-ups

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Thu Mar 26 12:11:18 PDT 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Scouting for grown-ups'

Scouting volunteers know that the Scouting program is all about youth. We are
here specifically to support and provide a Scouting experience for the Scouts.
And while we may have some fun along the way, the program isn't in place just so
the adults can enjoy themselves.

I heard a story this week on the NPR program Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me about a
preschool that recently opened in Brooklyn, New York. (You can listen to the
segment here.) It's not an ordinary preschool - it's a preschool for adults. The
preschool takes grown-ups back to their inner child and lets them experience the
things they either miss from their childhood or those experiences they might
have missed out on. You may have learned everything you need to know in
kindergarten, but not everyone did, and this could be their chance to catch up.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was Scouting just for adults?

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/scouting-for-grown-ups/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com