[Bobwhite Blather] New post: Scouts who are not advancing

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Mar 23 09:35:46 PDT 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather, "Scouts who are not advancing":

I got an e-mail from a reader:

"I'm the advancement coordinator for our troop. Recently I was running the
"Scouts Not Advancing" report in Troopmaster and noticed that we have a
good number of Scouts who haven't advanced in rank in 18 months or more.
One of our committee members told me that an assistant Scoutmaster used to
collect the Scouts' books, went through them to see what hadn't been
signed off, then told the PLC what requirements were missing to try to get
the Scouts to help others advance. What is the best way for the committee
to help move advancement along? Should we have some of the older Scouts
work with the younger ones to get requirements done? How about a troop
meeting where we have a session with sign-off stations?"

This is an issue that seems to come up frequently. While some Scouts
advance quickly through the ranks, others seem to lag behind for one
reason or another, and it sometimes makes the adult leaders wonder how to
help them catch up.

Read the rest of this article:

http://bobwhiteblather.com/scouts-who-are-not-advancing/