[Bobwhite Blather] A glimpse of our future

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Fri Dec 5 05:13:40 PST 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'A glimpse of our future'

Earlier this week, our troop welcomed our newest Eagle Scout, joining two others
whose boards of review I participated in last week. The three new Eagles brings
our troop's total to 55 over its thirty years of operation.

Eagle Scout is the pinnacle of the advancement climb in Boy Scouting, but it's
not the actual goal. In fact, the expectation is that every Scout should reach
First Class. Baden-Powell's original advancement ended there, and the additional
ranks were added by the Boy Scouts of America in the years following its
founding.

To look at the big picture, the mission and aims of the BSA doesn't mention
attaining any ranks at all.

You may view the latest post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/a-glimpse-of-our-future/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com