[Bobwhite Blather] Whose advancement is it, anyway?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Oct 6 05:02:58 PDT 2014

Bobwhite Blather has posted a new item, 'Whose advancement is it, anyway?'

A friend in a nearby troop sent me the following:
I was talking with a former Scoutmaster of our troop about how we have some
Second-Class and Tenderfoot Scouts who would like to take part in a high
adventure activity offered by our council which permits only First-Class Scouts
and above. He mentioned:

"If we move the younger Scouts to First Class, they can go on the hike as crew
members. In the past, the assistant Scoutmasters and I kept a list of the
requirements each boy needed so when we met with the PLC we could help them
decide what skills the troop should focus on in meetings and campouts. The boys
didn't know about the list, but it was helpful because of our aim to help the
Scouts make First Class in the first year."

This sounds like a good idea. It would help get them to First Class faster and
let them experience our high adventure trek. What do you think?

You may view the latest post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/whose-advancement-is-it-anyway/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com