[Bobwhite Blather] Put me in, Coach!

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Mar 9 05:00:52 PDT 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Put me in, Coach!'

Spring has sprung, or is in the process of springing, in much of the country,
and with it comes the national pastime. Major leaguers have been warming up in
sun country for a couple weeks, and our young people are dusting off their
spikes and swinging for the fences as youth baseball leagues get ready to start
up if they haven't already.

Every year at this time we are reminded of the words of Solomon 2:11 that our
beloved Detroit baseball broadcaster Ernie Harwell used to quote as spring
training got underway:
For lo, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone, the flowers appear on the
earth, the time of the singing birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is
heard in our land...
It's a potent reminder that as sure as the sun rises, spring will arrive and our
enjoyment of being in the outdoors will once again guide our Scouting programs.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/put-me-in-coach/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com