[Bobwhite Blather] Should you skew the numbers?

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Nov 23 05:01:50 PST 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Should you skew the numbers?'

I heard from a pack committee chair, who asked me:
Our unit commissioner was helping me with our charter renewal and suggested that
we register one of our den leaders as an assistant Cubmaster instead. He could
still function as den leader, but it would make our Journey to Excellence
numbers better. We'd get another 50 or 100 points if we did. Sounds like a good
idea. What do you think?
Journey to Excellence is a tool for evaluating how well your unit is serving
youth. It measures a dozen or so objectives and assigns points depending on
whether your unit meets the objectives. It's not perfect, but as measurement
tools go, it's pretty good. It was carefully thought out  and developed by an
experienced team of volunteer unit Scouters and commissioners and is adjusted
each year to improve its effectiveness

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/should-you-skew-the-numbers/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=3993&utm_title=Should+you+skew+the+numbers%3F

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com