[Bobwhite Blather] One simple sentence

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Sep 14 05:02:28 PDT 2015

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'One simple sentence'

You've probably heard that many people fear speaking in public more than almost
anything else. But it doesn't have to be that way - and as a Scouter, you are in
a perfect position to learn how to ease that fear.

I had never spoken to large groups very much until I became a Cubmaster. I had
given presentations at work and before my professional society, but I wasn't
completely comfortable doing it. Now, I had to entertain the boys and keep their
parents informed - and you know what? It was actually fun! Scouting was
something I believed in, and could see the value of in my own kids, so it became
second-nature to lead the group. I put that new-found comfort to use as a
trainer and was just as much at ease relating to new leaders as I was to a room
full of grade-school boys.

We're into our recruiting drives now, and you're finding that you are speaking
to groups of parents eager to hear how the Scouting program will benefit their
sons.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/one-simple-sentence/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
scouter at fmaynard.com