[Bobwhite Blather] Cellphones at summer camp

Bobwhite Blather Scouting Blog bobwhiteblather at lists.bobwhiteblather.com
Mon Jun 13 05:02:24 PDT 2016

There's a new item at Bobwhite Blather: 'Cellphones at summer camp'

Earlier this week I posted an article giving adults some guidance, sometimes
tongue-in-cheek, about what they should pack for spending a week at summer camp
with their troop. In it, I included a link to a packing list for Scouts that my
troop has used for a few years now, and on that list was a mention that
cellphones shouldn't be brought to, or used at, camp.

Here's the paragraph:
Scouts should not bring...Cell phones - these should not be carried or used in
camp because they are a distraction. Boys may bring them in the car to and from
camp, but they must be left in the car. Adults are requested to leave their
phones in their cars or tents.
The list was written several years ago back when cellphones were basically
telephones and not much else.

Read the rest of this post at
http://bobwhiteblather.com/cellphones-at-summer-camp/?utm_source=subscribe2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=postnotify&utm_id=4336&utm_title=Cellphones+at+summer+camp

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
Bobwhite Blather
notify at bobwhiteblather.com